10 units for sale – 10 units sold
Stalybridge is located nine miles east of Manchester City centre at the foothills to the dramatic backdrop of the Pennine hills. It is a town with a rich history with part of that being its cotton industry. Today you will find the old cotton mills being beautifully restored and converted to apartments, as the appeal of the town begins to grow as a commuter location to Manchester. Large sums of money has already been spent restoring the canal network which runs through the town and also on the pedestrianised streets giving the town a smart new look.
Ground work is soon to begin on this site, with completion expected in April / May 2008. Title is leasehold – 125 year lease £250 per annum.
According to a recent news article in the Manchester evening news, “Stalybridge is being tipped as one of greater Manchester’s up and coming property hotspots” There has been a notable increase in development in the town in recent times as people have begun to recognise the value to be had against a similar properties available closer to Manchester city centre. Access to the centre of Manchester takes a mere 20 minutes by train with the train station a 5 minute walk from the development. Rental in the area is good especially in an apartment with a high standard of finish and specification which is to be found in Lockside View. Rentals per month currently range from £500 – £550.
This development has a high level of specification, including:
- Electric panel timer controlled heating
- Double Glazing
- Bathrooms – Kohler wall hung suite with hidden cistern. Bristan thermostatic shower, chrome towel radiator and large white tiling with limestone border
- Kitchens – Fully fitted kitchen with white / off white high gloss doors with st / steel Bar handles. Wenge wood worktops with glass splash backs. Full st / steel Bosch appliance pack (Excluding dishwasher)
- Juliet balconies to most apartments off ground floor
- Secure parking (included in price)
- NHBC certified
- Secure door entry system
- Showers to all properties
- Landscaped Gardens
Considering the low entry price, genuine 10% discount, and both strong local buyer and rental demand, we feel this is an excellent investment opportunity.